Sunday, 15 January 2012

R.I.P Reginald Hill

Just thought I would briefly mention the sad passing of my favourite crime writer, the wonderful Reginald Hill.  His novels are characterised by quality plots,  gentle humour, vivid characterisation and literary references.  My favourite Jane Austen pastiche is a Reginald Hill novel, the highly entertaining A Cure for all Diseases, a modern re-telling of Austen's last unfinished novel Sanditon with murder and mystery thrown in, it reads like a cross between Austen and Agatha Christie, enriched with Hill's characteristic humour.  He is perhaps most well known for his Dalziel and Pascoe novels all of which I have eagerly read.
Hill has provided me with many hours of happy escape and entertainment.  That there will be no more new novels featuring his wit and wisdom leaves me feeling quite saddened The link to Reginald Hill's obituary in the Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/jan/13/reginald-hill 

Photograph: Charles Sturge/Rex

1 comment:

  1. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely comeback.
    Air Force Blaster Master Blaster Motorcyle Dryer MB-3CD

    ReplyDelete